Friday, February 1, 2013

Hebrews 10:39

As I take on new responsibilities and prepare for my new position at the Business School, I find myself looking for inspiration and stability.  I suppose while I am excited about change, the goal of still having some rock of stability is a natural one to have.  In any case, I turn to my traditional spiritual outlet and look to the daily readings offered by the Catholic church as part of the mass to find some source of inspiration.  Today's mass readings include Hebrews 10:39,
We are not among those who draw back and perish, but among those who have faith and will possess life
And while St. Paul in his letter to the Hebrews was talking about this in the context of coming through trials and I am have not really come through trials recently, I do feel the need for strength and sustenance as I move ahead.  Words like this help me to focus and to realize that the lessons I need are not "new".  The lessons I need are lessons that have been around for thousands of years.  And as I grab the opportunities that life provides and need someone guidance, I have a source.  And as I go back to that spiritual well or guidance again and again, it will always be there and I will use it to help me in my efforts to (as the verse above says) "possess life".  

No comments:

Post a Comment