Friday, February 22, 2013

First Letter from Peter

Today's first reading for the Catholic church mass is 1 Peter 5:1-4--his advice to presbyters.  As I read it, I thought it would not only be good advice for presbyters but for anyone asked to lead.  Such simple things too.  Oversee willingly--do my job because I want to.  Don't do it for profit but eagerly. Well, sometimes the pay from leadership positions is nice, but I should do it not just because of the money but because I truly love and believe in what I am doing. Be an example--that is one of the keys to any for of leadership.  The whole "do as I say, not as I do" idea never really works.  Good advice for early leaders of the church. Good advice for me as a leader today. Something for us all to ponder.   

No comments:

Post a Comment