Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Running with God by My Side

I know I used a Haiku the other morning to comment on running in the presence of the grace of God. Today, I was with a group of six on the track.  Once again, I had a chance to see the sun starting to rise in the east.  That always makes me think of the grace of God--his warmth, his strength, his energy shining down on us all.  And the run was eight half miles.  Each of which I ran at a pace faster than 3 minutes for a half mile.  I have not run a workout like that in a long time.  And what's more, I was not wearing a watch.  I was surrounded by people wearing watches, but for once I just trusted myself.  I just ran and let the grace of God carry me.  All eight were under 3 minutes and the last several were consistently around the same time of 2:55.  I have run very few workouts like that in the past.  And at age 43, I'm not sure how many more I have in me in the future.  But it is a good symbol of not having to plan and analyze everything down to the second, but just trusting that God will take care.  And he did.  55 days till Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment