Thursday, February 7, 2013

Short and Sweet Thought

They say practice makes perfect.  Today I experienced that in a way I'd never expected.  I have spent so much time recently running miles (one or more at a time) at a 7:19 pace on the treadmill that my legs just seem to "know that pace".  I started my run with a training partner today a little fast, but over 6.5 miles averaged just about exactly 7:19.  I probably would have been a little fast if left to my own devices, but I held up on the large uphill.  When all was said and done it averaged out to what I needed and I am one step closer to being able to just hold that kind of pace so that when I run Boston nine weeks from now I will have the feel of that pace and hopefully be able to keep it up for 26.2 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment