Sunday, March 17, 2013

Today's First Reading and Looking Ahead

At this time of transition in my life, today's first reading for the Catholic mass speaks to me very clearly.  The reading recalls the exodus from Egypt and describes the deliverance from Babylon.  The middle of today's reading includes all of Isaiah 43:18 and the beginning of 43:19:
Remember not the events of the past,
the things of long ago consider not;
See, I am doing something new!
I think that the key in my case is not to completely forget the past but, instead, not to focus on the past.  I can learn from the past without dwelling in it.  And, while I have no desire to call all the attention to my own activities in my new job as I am part of a team, I want to focus on the present and on moving ahead.  I want to focus on the transformation in my own life.  The transformation to one who can lead but with humility.  The transformation to one who brings to the table a series of ideas and actions.  

So, no comparison with the acts of God in terms of deliverance from Egypt and Babylon.  But a definite focus on change, transformation, and looking ahead to what is new in my own life and in the world around me as I move forward in my family life, my professional life, and my running.  

No comments:

Post a Comment