Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Readings I Need

So this week I have been looking at the readings for the Catholic masses.  The readings are right on target in the week of the church year that is the darkest--leading to the remembrance of the crucifixion on Good Friday.  It is, of course, important to be reminded of these lessons over and over again.  I do not deny that.  However, I have been struggling with looking for readings that are more hopeful.  More optimistic.  More expectant.  I suppose those would be Advent readings or readings after the resurrection while the disciples were trying to figure out what was going on.  My life right now--as I approach my job change--is all about being hopefully.  Looking forward.  Looking for the good things in life.  I suppose that with a job change just after Easter, it would be difficult for me to find the types of readings I would be looking for to help me with the transition.  That could lead me to look for other readings.  Or it could just lead me to be reflective and appreciate what I have and continue to pray and know that I will find what I am looking for if I remain open to hearing it and finding out about it.  Perhaps tomorrow on my run I will find inspiration in my run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment