Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bib # 7827

Yesterday I received my Boston Marathon Bib Number (7827), Wave Number (1), and Corral Number (8).  Given that this is such a momentous race for me, I looked for some more inspiration.  Here is what I came up with: Psalm 78 Verses 2-7:
I will open my mouth in a parable,
unfold the puzzling events of the past.
What we have heard and know;
things our ancestors have recounted to us.
We do not keep them from our children;
we recount them to the next generation,
The praiseworthy deeds of the LORD and his strength,
the wonders that he performed.
God made a decree in Jacob,
established a law in Israel:
Which he commanded our ancestors,
they were to teach their children;
That the next generation might come to know,
children yet to be born.
In turn they were to recount them to their children,
that they too might put their confidence in God,
And not forget God’s deeds,
but keep his commandments.
I found this inspirational because it speaks of parables (which I think are a great way of teaching), explaining puzzling events of the past (which my faith has many of), and the timeless passage of the message from God from one generation to the next (and I always look for timeless messages).  All of this is aimed at remembering God's deeds and keeping his commandments.  One of God's most important deeds is the gift of grace for humanity (which I commented on yesterday) and keeping commandments is something I focus on in general as well as having prepared my eight year old for his first reconciliation this Saturday.  

Never ceases to amaze me how life all intertwines.   

No comments:

Post a Comment