Friday, January 25, 2013

Vanilla Sambuca--Revisited

Tonight I am sipping vanilla sambuca again.

And, I am looking at two events today that show what the "interesting mix" that is vanilla sambuca is analogous to in my day to day life.

Interesting mix part 1--general career shift.  I will be moving from the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins to the Carey Business School at Johns Hopkins.  

Interesting mix part 2--the move will also include an advance to a role as the vice dean for education at the school.  Very big change in roles.

Interesting mix part 3--on the day on which I could publicly share the exciting news about my job, I also was asked to share information about the artist for my tattoo.

Who ever would have thought that I would have such an interesting career opportunity in a school so different from that in which I'd trained and worked for 20 years now, and that I'd be someone giving recommendations for tattoo artists?  And that I would get all this in one day?  My life is an interesting mix and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.    

No comments:

Post a Comment