Thursday, January 10, 2013

Living Life to It's Fullest

Someone observed on my Facebook page this morning that I had done almost a whole day's worth of activity before most people started their day.  Well, I suppose that baking a few more than two dozen buttermilk biscuits with cinnamon and sugar and running 7.5 miles and putting up a few Facebook posts all before 6:50 AM does represent a lot.  What does it mean?

Well, recently, a few colleagues have commented on how they think I need more sleep.  I probably do.  Certainly while I have been recovering from my cold, I have tried to get an extra hour of sleep each night.  It has helped me to recover and I have felt much better.  But I like to try to get by on just the minimum amount of sleep because the key to my life is to live life to its fullest.  Enjoying every moment.  Making the most of every moment.

But as I reflect a bit, I have to decide what "making the most" and "fullest" mean.  Not just what they mean but what they mean when I ask different people. I have my own sense of priorities.  But I try not to be completely self-centered.  My priorities are guided by my family.  How I incorporate my family's priorities is guided by my love for my family.  My love for my family is guided by my spirituality.

But when all is said and done, I have to make sure that I balance my priorities with my family because the family (not always necessarily by blood) is the most important unit for society.

Every once in a while I just need to check back in to make sure that what I have prioritized as living my life to its fullest contributes to my family being able to live all their lives to their fullest.  I know I miss every once in a while, but I try to get it right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment