Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Track on Treadmill (Michigan)

Today, my picture of my time shows 8 miles run on the treadmill in 58:41.  That was a Michigan workout on the treadmill at 0.5 incline at the Towson Y.  How did I translate the Michigan onto the treadmill?  Opened with 1/2 mile at an 8 minute pace (I am lucky enough to call that easy). Then sped up to a 6 minute pace just before it actually hit 1/2 mile to get the full mile done in 6 minutes.  Down to a quarter mile at a 10 minute pace.  Then 1 mile at a 6:58 pace.  Another slow (for me) quarter.  Then 3/4 mile at 10.1 MPH (one notch above the 6 minute pace).  Another slow quarter, and another 6:58 mile, and another slow quarter.  Then 1/2 mile at 10.2 MPH.  Another slow quarter, and another 6:58 mile, and another slow quarter. Then 1/4 mile starting at 10.3 MPH and working up to 11 MPH.  Actually not as fast as my one on track last week.  Close out with a 1/2 mile cool down.  Very invigorating.

In any case, that puts me at 163.2 miles.  That puts me somewhere around the intersection of Center and Main in Somerset PA.  I would have run through Friedens PA and past the Somerset County airport with its single runway along the way.

I didn't have much time to think during the run this morning.  It was pretty intense.

But I do have something else to share.  Yesterday I was asked to emcee something in the Dean's absence and I thought about what business students could learn from musicians.  In trying to achieve a contemplative life, I will write about versatility, precision, team work, and second nature.  But that is for an earlier blog entry tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment