Sunday, January 5, 2014

Short run--Short Note

Today, I ran outside mostly so that I could say I did.  A simple 3.2 mile jaunt around to Charles St at Melrose, up to Gittings and back again.  On my virtual running pilgrimage to Our Lady of Perpetual Help that puts me approaching MD 97 on Old Westminster Pike headed westbound.  Nothing more to say about that other than that the leg was still a little "twingy" but not bad.  Took the pace really easy.

After the run that I completed before 6, I was able to shower, take my 9 year old to his hockey game.  For that we arrived at Patterson Park before 7 after an easy drive down the Alameda and through Lake Clifton Park.  We avoided freezing rain.  The game was an excellent one that ended in a 1-1 tie.

Then, we drove up to Glen Mills to visit family.  That was a lot of fun.  Although I ended up with a nap before driving home.  That made driving home much safer.

Now doing a lot of work with my son on a financial aid application.

The joys of parenthood.

Next step on the virtual pilgrimage will be to reach out to the director of religious education at the church I am running "toward" and see if she can help make it more "real" for my students in Sunday School.  

No comments:

Post a Comment