Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Brief Update

No miles today (Tuesday, January 28, 2014).

I ran 5 miles on the treadmill yesterday.  Enjoyed the easy run in 39:41.

That puts me at 155.2 miles.  To be there four weeks into the year projects out to 2023 miles, so I am not worried about overall distance.

The location at this point is somewhere on PA 218, Stoystown Rd just after it turns off from Pompey Hill Rd.  I'm really on the back roads of western Pennsylvania at this point.

I did not get to the viewing for the music and liturgy director at our church last night and I won't get to the funeral today. That is disappointing.

Final comment on 9/11: I recall meeting with a woman who was a student that day.  She said we could skip it and reschedule but she was getting ready for the first round of her pre-dissertation writing oral examination.  Students at the school of public health have two rounds.  It made me feel like I was getting something done.

Other interesting observation--St Mary Magdalene is the patron saint of the contemplative life.  I didn't know the Catholic church had a patron saint of the contemplative life. I'm not sure how "official" that is, but I really like the idea.

On to other things.  Life is very busy right now--especially as I keep getting extra sleep to shake the cold I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment