Saturday, March 29, 2014

Executing on a Goal

This week the management group at the business school had a day long planning session and talked about how well we had executed against last year's goals and then planned a new set of goals toe execute against in the 2014-15 academic year.  

Yesterday's run was all about executing against a plan.

I have been getting a little more sleep recently.  With 6-8 hours of sleep a night, it is amazing how much easier it is to make it through the day.  Two days this week without a single issue with feeling drowsy during meetings.  Now to work on getting that to 5 and then doing the same over the weekend so that I can make it through things like mass, concerts, children's performances, etc.

But anyway, I slept a little longer than usual, worked from 4:35-5:25 after doing some dishes.  I realize that starting work at 4:35 after doing some dishes doesn't sound like a "late" start but when I had a chance to go to bed before 10 and then sleep till after 4 that gets me my 6+ hours of sleep rather than just 4-5.  The 4-5 has to stop.

In any case, I didn't get out the door until just past 5:45 and then had to wait for my watch to connect to satellites.  I started my run at 5:49.  ANd I had one goal--finish by 6:45 so that I could get to my office as close to 8 as possible.

So, I ran my 7.2 miles and got back at about 6:47.  That was a nice run.  It took me over to Charles, out to Stevenson, over to Sherwood, and back across Overbrook to York before coming home.  And I held 8 minute miles. So it was good.

Where did the 7.2 miles put me?  At 492.2 miles total.  Running along Kemper Rd.  inside the I-275 beltway around Cincinnati. In Sharonville.  Nearest church--St. Michael the Archangel.  I've learned more about some traditions around St. Michael from my kids non-religious school that makes liberal use of secularized versions of both Jewish and Christian traditions in its curriculum than I ever did growing up.  It is interesting how it all fits together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment