Monday, September 30, 2013

40 Days to Better: Day 29

Today, I ran only 2.3 miles.  A very short recovery run.  As I noted on Facebook this morning with only an 8 mile run at only an 8 minute pace, I really didn't have much to recover from.  In any case, the run felt very good and I am ready for a great (hopefully) track workout tomorrow morning.

Today, a friend posted on Facebook a picture of a piece of paper ripped around the edges with the following words written on it: "One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder."

This is an interesting thing to consider.  Specifically, there are a lot of times when just walking away might be easier.  A test of character is when there is a choice.

When a person could walk away.  When a person could throw in the towel.  There may be many temptations to leave something behind.  When it would be simpler and less time consuming just to give up.

It can be a lot harder to carry on.  To try harder.  To work to make things work.

It is a challenge.

It takes guts.

It takes a lot of effort.

It takes caring.

It takes consideration.

I am not perfect.

But I try.

And I continue to try harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment