Monday, March 25, 2019

Forever Strong Guide

For about a week I’d found that I’d lost
Any sense of the poetry of Frost.
No routes could be called much less traveled by
In a place where people number so high.
While I think of hist’ry in centuries
In China this is far surpassed with ease;
For there, millennia make history
With a scope beyond my reality.
Diff’rent dialects around the country.
Amazing things to smell, taste, hear, and see.
Such people and things over so much time
Brings a question to the front of my mind
How does each person turn out who they are?
Some with lighter complexions and some dark?
Some in spaces so amazingly small?
Some in life who just seem to have it all?
Asking about more than a billion souls
Now and back through a historical whole
Makes my existence feel very tiny
A blink in the span of eternity.
The question I’d posed where I had been found
Made me feel compelled to turn it around.
To ask about my own reality
I find a clarified answer for me.
Despite billions of asks I always find
While searching the deepest parts of my mind
That my authentic forever strong guide
Is the love for others I have inside.
To show.  To share.  To live.  Forever true.
To give of myself to the so many who
Cross my path even for a short time
Enriching the eternity of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment