Saturday, March 15, 2014

Quick Report on Friday March 14

I ran 8.5 miles. 

I was pleasantly surprised that it was warm enough to run comfortably outside yesterday morning.

The 8.5 miles was at an 8:03 pace.  Just sort of moving along.

I ran as far east as Beverly, around the north end of Towson U, and wound my way back to get the full 8.5

It puts me up to 414.5 total.

That puts me about 1.5 miles east of where Yankeetown Pike meets Chillicothe Pike in Ohio.  Further south of the Columbus area than when I finished my last run.  In the area of Williamsport, Ohio.  On the map it has the feel of the middle of nowhere, but the town has four churches.

I was glad that I was flexible enough to take the time to run outside rather than inside.  I would have gotten a late start if I had chosen to stick with the Y and then probably not have gotten the full 8.5 miles in.  

Flexibility is good.

When I looked up stubborn and saint on an internet search, I stumbled upon St. Therese of Lisieux.  She was known for her stubbornness in terms of getting what she wanted in a variety of ways in her childhood and adolescence.  In some ways, particularly her demand to enter a convent, that may have been more of a positive "stick-to-it-ness" rather than stubbornness.  Regardless, I learned a little about a saint whose life I hadn't known about before and I am glad that the main thing I was stubborn about yesterday--getting the 8.5 miles in--wasn't defeated by other things I could have been stubborn about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment