Friday, January 11, 2013

The Luxury of Thinking About New Things


Many days at work I am so busy that all I can do is take care of making sure that things that have already been initiated get finished.  Maybe at one point there was something new.  Maybe my new idea.  Maybe someone else’s new idea.  But on a particular day there is nothing to initiate.  Nothing to dream about.  I am just moving things ahead along a pre-defined path or bringing things to an end.  

But today was different.  Today included a number of meetings that were all about brainstorming and thinking up new ideas.  New contexts.  New opportunities.  New projects.  New people. 

Days like today are pretty exciting.  And a luxury.  A blessing.  And for that I am thankful.

I miss my family at home but am looking forward to seeing them tomorrow for a visit with extended family.  Not necessarily anything new there but always good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment